Thursday, February 7, 2013

Status Update

My brother asked me how 'arabland' is, and if I've been 'blowed up yet?'

The answer is no, unless you count blowing up via pita overdose.  In which case, the answer is absolutely yes.  What I'm trying to get at is that I haven't really been keeping anyone up to date with what I do or how I am.  So here goes:

  • I'm obsessed with pitas that are slathered in peanut butter and nutella.  Except they don't serve real peanut butter or nutella here.  They give us 'all natural' peanut butter (weird) and chocolate flavored spread (why is it flavored like chocolate?  Why can't it actually be chocolate?).  Separately, they're terrible.  Together... kryptonite, and the likely source of my JC20 (like the Freshman Fifteen, but so much worse).
  • I'm proudly developing a watch tan line.  I wear it like a badge of honor and encourage its development at every opportunity.  I hope to return with cosmetic proof of the excessive amounts of time I spend doing vaguely outdoorsy things with my class.
  • My ability to sleep anywhere is growing.  My favorite place to sleep is in the study rooms.  I push the chairs together and sleep in the fetal position.  Yesterday I took a forty minute power nap on the floor in the student lounge at 10pm.  Last week I took a fifty minute power nap underneath the seats in the auditorium.  I laid down to sleep during the ten minute break and my friends left me there for the rest of class. 
  • The latest I've been able to sleep in is 8:36.  It was not as glorious as I would have hoped.  Probably because it was still early morning and mornings are terrible. 

In sum, things are pita-rific.  I could complain, but who wants to hear that?  In the meanwhile, lunch is in a mere two and a half hours, and I have to make a promise I know I won't keep to stay away from the pitas.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, pitas. Also great with humus of all flavors. You are living in pita heaven. As for sleeping anywhere - that is a genetic gift you got from your father who is a genius in that area.

    ReplyDelete