Thursday, January 3, 2013

You Wanna Bet?

Last night after dinner, my mom told us that in the case of her death, she has a drafted email with passwords, banking information, hopes and fears- the kind of stuff that is important to know.  My first inclination was to break into her email and find out what kind of secret information she keeps.  When I voiced said inclination, she did something very foolish.  She challenged me.

I told her I could be in her email within 90 seconds.  She bet me $100 I wouldn't be able to get in at all.

We both lost last night.  It took me three or four minutes, but I used her security questions and backup email to get in.  After a quick scan through her drafts, I handed the computer over and started bragging.

Much to my delight, I was able to break into the email accounts of four of my family members.  Needless to say, we all tightened up our online security shortly thereafter.  I'm still trying to decide what to do with the money.  You see, I think like a poor college student, and right now, all I"m thinking is how $100 can buy a whole lotta ramen...

No comments:

Post a Comment