Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sophomore 15

There is a convenience store at the bottom of the hill that sells an odd assortment of treats and household items.  We were thrilled to find out that there is a shelf full of candy bars that only cost one shekel each.  Currency rate has one shekel equivalent to about $0.25.  

Obviously, we couldn't resist stocking up.

Obviously I had even less resistance than everyone else
(Note the three candy bars in my hand)
So far hazelnut is in EVERYthing, and the people of the Holy Land love their wafer bars and crispy rice.  I was so proud of myself, I managed to barter a little and save a shekel.  One of my friends made fun of me, but with that extra shekel, I can try some new candy.  Maybe a hazelnut wafer bar with some crispy rice in it, if I'm feeling a little crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment